TAOTH - The Adventures of the Herkulez
A downloadable game for Windows
UPDATE: The Herkulez got new paint! Version 1.2 is here, with lots of small and big changes to improve the flow of the game!
(the videos contain footage from previous versions of the game)
Test your skills by using only your mouse to steer the Herkulez through asteroid belts and battle fields!
Collect energy crystals, dodge bullets and shoot the bad guys!
You start with a spaceship without shield, weapons and a hull which doesn't even withstand a single hit. At least you can control your velocity (with the mouse wheel). As you progress through the story, you use your collected energy crystals to improve your ship incrementally. At some point your ships engine unfortunately stops working properly and you are limited to travel with the same speed (as known from classical topdown 2d shooters). On the good side you progressively get a shield system, an energy weapon and later the mysterious light beam.
- Intuitive and precise controls: mouse-only
- mouse wheel controls speed of vertical scrolling in some levels!
- story mode with 9 (+1) levels; unlimited tries per savepoint
- customize game mode: upgrade your ship as you see fit; upgrades and tries are limited by the amount of collected energy crystals
- oneclick game mode: through the whole game without a click; tries limited to three
- 3 (+1) difficulty settings
- 3 extra challenges
- all mazes are optional!
If you experience lags, try turning off VSYNC in settings!
Questions? Problems? Feedback? - taoth.committee[at]gmail.com
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: